Pagina's

Monday, 6 June 2016

6 Things I Do To Reduce Stress

Stress stress stress. We all have it but not everybody deals with it. Sometimes even trying to reduce stress is stressing because it feels like it doesn’t work.

Lately I have taken some time to figure out how to reduce some stress because I had stress about school. About all the homework I had to do and I couldn’t finish it for the deadline… Then I decided that I should write a blogpost about how I try to reduce stress and feeling better to do my homework.
Hopefully I can help you and make your life a little less stressful. So here are the thing I do to reduce my stress.

First of all, before I really start: When I go for completely relax modus, I’m computer, laptop, tablet and phone free. I only have my laptop on for music but I put my phone away, I won’t check my email, school stuff or WhatsApp, twitter, Instagram. Nothing! Completely letting go of the virtual world and focus on me!


Now the tips:


1. I bought a colouring book. I’ve seen people doing this but never bought a book myself. I thought that it was a bit childish. But now I’ve realised that this actually is quite nice. I bought a cheap ass book in a store and bought some pencils with it and started colouring. I forgot to buy a sharpener so buy that too and you can colour in mandalas or whatever colour book you bought.

2. Listen to music. Sometimes I just put on Spotify and choose some random ‘relax’ playlist. It’s very relaxing for me when music is playing on the background and I don’t know the lyrics. I just listen to it and lay on my bed. Most of the time with a mask on my face. And I just lay there for 15 minutes rince of the mask and lay down again.

3. With the relax music playlist on and while laying on my bed doing nothing most of the time makes me feel lazy and makes me want to do stuff. This is a moment that I’m going to slowly clean my room. It’s not because I have to but because I feel like I have to do it. I cleaned, not because I had to, but because I wanted to. And that’s so more relaxing than being forced to clean your room. Oh, and if you find something that brings back memories just sit down and enjoy that memory too!

Nivea mask collection. It'sabout time I'm going to use them!

4. What also works really well for me is writing in my diary. It’s very calming because I write down everything that I think I’m stressing about. And while writing I realise that not everything I worry about is worth worrying about. It makes clear what I should focus on and what not. Try it, maybe it works for you too!

5. I used to be sportive. And sport was so stress relieving for me. I still want to start again but I’m too lazy... But when I sport, I totally forget everything in the world and completely focus on the training, Then, after the training, I’m tired and I easily fall asleep. I also feel much better the next day I wake up!

6. If you’re a reader. Read or reread a book that you love. I reread Narnia so many times. Just because I love the magic in it. I already know what is going to happen but I still love to read the story. It’s just that I don’t really have to think, I know what is going to happen, I can visualize it easily in my head. It’s relaxing to read and forget that I’m reading and that the story and characters are so real for me. It takes me to another world! ;)

These are the things I do. I hope this is useful to you too! And let me know in the comments below what you do to relax a little!

Xx Rianne

4 comments:

  1. I have one of them destressing colouring books, they're brilliant!

    Isobel x

    Latest post: http://goo.gl/ROLo7N
    Latest Video: https://goo.gl/8KoH6K
    Insta: https://goo.gl/WGxKx2
    Bloglovin: https://goo.gl/EG8OQW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know it helps you too! :)

      Xx Rianne

      Delete